Thursday, September 18, 2008

Focus on the Positive

“Lasting peace happens in the hearts and minds of people before it ever happens between governments and nations.” – Gregg Braden

If it's true that you are what you think about all day long, then we are a nation of fear and hate and prejudice and insanity. I don't even watch the news and I know what is happening in the political world out there. I don't care which side you lean to, which party you support, you can't tell me anybody wants hatred and fighting and arguing and negativity. This happens every election. I imagine that everyone starts off with good intentions - wanting to do good and help people and make a difference. It's just that money and power do affect people (and not always in a positive way). I think there are very few examples to the contrary. I don't know about you, I know I'm tired of the drama.

So here is my plea, focus on the positive! If all we watch, read and talk about is the "gossip" of what Obama said in a conversation 10 years ago, or how poor John McCain's health is or about Sarah Palin's family, then THAT IS WHAT WE'LL GET. More of the same. If we complain about how bad the economy is, everyone panics and we'll just create more of it.
So I encourage, no URGE, you that if you want to do anything to help this election, this nation, our economy and future generations, think about what you DO WANT. Focus there instead. Let's create better, starting in each of our hearts and minds first.

I'll start:
I want a nation of individuals who have freedom to choose anything they want (religion, personal physical issues, where to live, which school to send their kids to, which cable provider, which fuel to buy...)
I want fellow countrymen and women who feel safe and secure, who have jobs and food and shelter.
I want all of us to find ways to cooperate, to create national pride through helping others.
I want a leader who listens to the needs of the masses and makes a decision based on what is best for humanity and the planet.
I want a leader who is motivated by bringing us back together and doing what is necessary to help create great lives for all humankind.

Let's turn off our TVs and radios and stop reading the paper. Stop feeding the monster. Chances are you all know who you're voting for anyway. Instead, let's now spend that precious time and attention on what we want. What's your dream?

No comments: