Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The birds and the bees

In our house the birds and the bees are now known as the sheep and the cows.

My mom has recently acquired 3 sheep: 2 Icelandic sheep, mom and lamb, that they bought and 1 baby lamb that was given to them. The orphan lamb, named Sammy the Lamby, is sort of a "Mary had a little lamb" kind of thing - fairly small, white and cute with soft ears sticking straight out to each side. After meeting him for the first time Super Salad (our Sammy boy, age 7) said that he thought Sammy the Lamby was cute but he kept "prancing" on him. My poor mom was horrified to think that her grandson might someday remember that Grammy's house was were he went and got mounted by the lamb.

Freight Train (age 5) was out fishing with his brother, uncles and cousin this past weekend. We had a little bonfire and smores later in the evening when he announced that he saw a bull on top of a cow. Matter of fact, just "guess-what-I-saw". I don't think I've ever even seen that. I don't think I ever want to see that.

Who needs the birds and the bees? My work here is done.

No comments: