Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Avast mateys

I missed it. Happy belated "Talk Like A Pirate Day"! (it was September 19th, however as the site says, "sometimes for days after".

What does this have to do with Yoga, Meditation, Happiness, Joy, Gardening, Beauty and Inspiration?

Everything. It's called fun. There's a day for everything, nowadays. I have an accountant neighbor who celebrates Pi day (March 14th). October 1st is World Vegetarian Day (for Muse Laura) the 4th is National Golf Day (for my hubby) and for my Scandinavian relatives, October 9th is Leif Erikson Day (by resolution of Congress, no less).

In October alone you can Take Your Teddy Bear to Work, enjoy Angel Food Cake or Pumpkin Cheesecake (I know I will), Babble, Smile, Tell a Story, Make a Difference and Increase Your Psychic Powers. Find a day and celebrate it, just for fun of course!

As for Talking Like a Pirate - Why not?

"Talking like a pirate is fun. It's really that simple. It adds a zest, a swagger, to your every day conversation. Do you need another reason? Say "Aarrr!!" Feels good, doesn't it?"

No comments: