Thursday, October 30, 2008

my new computer

I'm manifesting a new computer.

2 years ago, here is how it would have went:
"I need a new computer. This computer is old and slow. I'm so tired of this computer being so slow, it takes forever! I can't even watch videos because they're so broken up because of this darned thing. It takes 15 minutes just for it to start up! I can't run the new programs and gadgets because this thing is so old. etc. etc. etc."

Now I know that that line of thinking will probably just create a scenario whereby my current computer works even slower (essentially perpetuating the same thing) and may not actually get me a new computer. Remember, you get what you think about whether you want it or not. Why not make it intentional?

What does that mean?
I ASK (setting the intention)
I decide exactly what it is I want: A new computer. An Apple MacBook Pro to be exact.
I picture that computer on my desk. I see myself using that new computer as I'm using the current one. I think about how fast the new laptop is (especially with my wireless keyboard) and how I can do video conferencing with the Muses and create great podcast visualizations (my genius, I'm told) and all kinds of other great stuff.
I ALLOW
I RECEIVE
These 2 are similar in that now I just wait. I know eventually it will happen whether by my saving for it, or a financial windfall, or financing it, or a gift or an exchange. It really doesn't matter. I have just have to be ready to recognize the opportunity when it comes and be grateful for it when it does.

I'm talking about computers mainly because I really do want a new one and every time I'm posting I'm reminded of it. It doesn't have to be this or even anything material. You apply the same principal to anything you want. More time. Greater joy. Experiences. Relationships.
My mantra has become, "don't focus on what you DON'T want, focus on what you DO want!" Then you might actually get what you want.

2 comments:

@MuseKaren said...

Great post! It is on its way.

Tamlin said...

I can't wait to do videoconferencing with you. You will love it!