Monday, March 31, 2008

Glutton day

Sometimes you do things and in the middle of them you enjoy it or maybe don't even think about it, then later you suffer and wonder what in the hell you did that for. Today was one of those days.
I've been kind of an exercise fiend lately. Although I don't really call it exercise (makes me think of circa 80's aerobics classes with leotards and leg warmers). I just think of it was, well.. I guess I don't think, I just do. I DO Yoga, treadmill, lift weights, Tae Kwon Do, elliptical, walks and belly dancing. I enjoy it so I do it. Anyway, I've done a lot lately but still find myself a little doughy and underneath that doughy exterior is a hard body waiting to come out. It's just the cookies won't let it. Girl Scout Cookies, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, haystacks (not really cookies but who's checking?) and now Keebler chocolate graham thingies. I went to the store yesterday to get ingredients for Minestrone soup (the most delicious soup I've ever had) and then had to go and ruin it by buying treats from Elves. Of course that wouldn't be the biggest problem. Here in a nutshell is the biggest problem:
I left them in my car.
I ate them mindlessly while driving.
By 5 o'clock I'd eaten half the package.
At 6 o'clock I taught a Power Yoga class.
At 7 o'clock I did 20 minutes on the elliptical.
At 7:30p.m. I had a headache and wanted to throw up. In fact, I even said to my friend, "Do you suppose if I talk about throwing up enough that I actually will?" Seriously, it would have felt better.

That'll learn me. I got home at 8 and ate a bowl of Minestrone. Did I mention it has 10 different vegetables in it? I feel much better. And I threw out (not up) the damned treats from the Elves.

No comments: