Friday, March 21, 2008

Where's my Groove?

In the movie "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" (which I have not seen, by the way), I believe they refer to her 'Groove' as her desire to meet and be with a man? So, if referring to something else (say, writing...) would it still be referred to as 'Groove'? And how does one go about getting it back? Maybe I need to see the movie. Then again, maybe someone could give me the Cliff Notes on the 'Groove' and the 'Groove' getting Back part. I'm not sure I can afford the time and effort involved in doing it myself.
I'm slowly coming out of my Existentialist Funk. Almost reminds me of the days back in college spent memorizing crap (yes, crap) for my History of Psychology course. OK, maybe it really doesn't. It reminds of Psychology and Philosophy in a general way. But not specifically of a 3 days a week, 8am class on the names of crusty old men, their ancient seeming times and their then mind-bending ideas on what was real and what was illusion. Could you imagine if any of them lived now? Here's a fun idea for your next charades game: Sigmund Freud watching The Matrix. Talk about mind-blowing.
I think a big part of my funk is the weather. I kind of hate to blame it on the weather (mainly because I know it's really my choice to be in a funk or not) but yet, look at it! Today we got 9" of snow. S N O W. All I want is, well, no more SNOW! I know it will melt soon, but really, is that necessary? I'm going to go to bed, breathe softly and visualize anything but snow.

No comments: