Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Patience, part deux

Did I mention that having kids takes patience? Oh good. At least we're clear on that.

Today my 6 1/2 year old son came home from school and said "I have good news and bad news!"
Scary enough when an adult says it, makes you really nervous coming from a first grader.
"Yes..." was my anticipatory reply. "The good news is I lost my tooth!" Good news indeed. This is his first lost baby tooth. It has been loose for a month. Most of his friends are working on 5th or 6th teeth. No matter that, he has strong teeth and they take a little longer. And yet, the new tooth was already half way in. I had just called the Dentist yesterday.
Now, on to the bad news. "I lost my tooth at the end of the day because I tried to bite Jenna because I was so mad I didn't know what to do and I think I swallowed my tooth." Oh. We're still trying to figure out why he would bite his friend (he "can't remember"). I doubt he swallowed the tooth but he doesn't seem to know where on earth it could have gone. I think I'll ask his teacher on both counts. Maybe we can then find out what really happened.

No comments: