Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My favorite things...

I'm not feeling creative as of late. I think I went a little creatively crazy a couple of weeks ago and wore myself out. I know I have things to say - like they're on the tip of my tongue - but yet just can't remember what it was. Alas.
I'm musing on my favorite things. Partly because Christmas time makes me think of it, partly because I'm focusing very hard on positive things. My "happy place" if you will. That pretty much brings me to things I love, my favorites. We could call it the 25 days of Favorite Things.
#1: COMFORTABLE CLOTHES
Last night as I was flipping the channels (that's how uncreative I am right now) and came across a show whereby 3 people choose wardrobes for a 4th person. I'm not sure the dynamics but I'm guessing 2 are the best friends/sister/co-worker and the 3rd is a true stylist or otherwise fashion type person. While wearing a dress this "stylist" picked out the woman said the beads at the cuffs and hems were too heavy (it was a weird dress. period.) The man - yes man - replied "who cares how it feels as long as it looks good!" An off-hand remark, yes, but telling all the same.
Because she obviously cared how it feels. And I care how it feels. I might be miss-nerves-on-top-of-her-skin but I'm guessin' I'm not alone. Are you with me? Maybe I'm just getting picky in my old age but - good grief! Do all things beautiful have to be uncomfortable or even painful? Life is too short. I stopped wearing high heels the day I stopped working at a bank. I spend $45 on a bra so I don't have to know it's there (and it lifts and pushes together). Even then I take it off as soon as I know no one is looking. Thank GOD for tagless design so I can stop cutting them all out.
Final word: In our house we call our comfy clothes Gumby Gear. And its not because Gumby was rigid and inflexible.

1 comment:

@MuseKaren said...

Spectacular! Even in your so called "uncreative" state you sure can create a funny and eloquent post. Write on my friend...