Friday, December 21, 2007

FOOD

25 days of my favorite things - day #5 (random they are)
I love food! There is very little I don't like. Mayonnaise and Oreos, that's about it. Oh, and maybe Brussel Sprouts (ever since an unfortunate encounter in 7th grade Home Ec class). But I'm not here to talk about what I don't like, this is My Favorites already. The other day I was talking with some friends and I mentioned that I'm ahead of my time because I've never dieted. Mainly because I have no willpower. The other reason is I just love food.
So here goes, my favorite of the favorites (aside from #1, in no particular order).
#1 TIRAMISU - Italian-cream, rum-filled, coffee-flavored heaven.
Speaking of coffee - coffee. Good coffee with real cream or, hot-creamy-goodness-in-a-cup, as I call it.
Peanut butter. Chocolate. enough said.
You could put butter and/or capers on just about anything and I'd eat it.
Caprese salad (tomatoes, basil & real mozzarella, with or without balsamic vinegar)
Peanut butter and chocolate ice cream.
Red wine - a good Shiraz or Pinot Noir. Does that count? that's not really a food, is it?
Big, juicy, right in season Pomegranates.
Big fluffy buttermilk pancakes with real maple syrup. Or better yet, fresh hot Belgian Waffles (the real kind made with seltzer) with strawberries and real, fresh whipped cream. ooh - ooh - how about Chocolate Belgian Waffles?
Did I mention peanut butter?

I could have a whole blog dedicated just to the food I love. I'm just not sure my computer keyboard could handle all the drool. Liquids kill them you know. Especially Pinot Noir.

I have to go now, I think I hear my peanut butter calling.

No comments: