Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Excitement and Enthusiasm

I'm brimming with excitement today. I stayed up way too late and that would normally bring my energy down. I'm still so happy and excited that my lack of sleep can't keep me down.
I've been focusing on the positive, choosing to stay away from energy draining negative news and ads and discussions. I've held a picture in my mind of what I want in our country and for our people and the people of the whole world.
For awhile I avoided discussion of politics until about a month ago when we put a sign in our yard. Then a sticker on my care and a magnet on my husband's. While neither of the candidates mirrored all my beliefs and ideals, there was one that suited me more than the other. It does not mean one is bad and one is good. It was a matter of preference.
I determined that my choices, especially on these topics, don't need to be hidden. Why are we so afraid of saying "I am voting for ___" or "I support ___"? That just tells me we are all still afraid. Of what? Not being liked? Not being popular? Of an argument?
When I think about it, I don't really know which candidate many of my neighbors and friends supported. That's too bad. I wouldn't love them any less if their views didn't match mine. Isn't that what people are all about?
I respect people who can be honest and have open discussions about their views and beliefs in an atmosphere that is without judgment. I respect people who voted for John McCain. I respect people who are passionate about their beliefs. Let's just keep it positive. Negative discourse doesn't really help anyone, does it?
Now that the decision is made, let's all move forward moment by moment. Last week I felt good. Yesterday I felt good. Today I felt good. Tomorrow I want to feel good too. How about you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I fear racist neighbors, but I put an Obama sign in my yard anyway. I heard that there were so few Obama bumper stickers because most people think cops are racist, and want to stay out of trouble. If that is true its sad.