Sunday, March 6, 2011

When our Foundations are Shaking

"We turn to God for help when our foundations are shaking, only to learn that it is God who is shaking them." ~ Charles C. West

"...then I feel like I'm living on a fault line." ~ Anita P.

My dear friends, I - we - are being shaken, and maybe a little stirred too. And why is it that in these, the times of my own shaking, that I've turned away from something that, at least in theory, could be a solace, a method of emission for these emotional disturbances? Writing, expressing oneself is a way for many of to endure hardship, express ourselves and commiserate with others.
Many times over the last 6 months I have thought of many brilliant ways to express myself. Unfortunately many of those times were in the car, the shower or in bed while I'm on the verge of sleep. Even now I unable to remember my thought in the distance between the bathroom and my office.
Many other times my feelings were so deep and private that I dare not share them with the world. If I thought that all of my readers were total strangers maybe I could open up my innermost thoughts. But knowing that family and friends are watching, I hold back.
But, we are being shaken and it is no longer time to remain silent. As much as I may think in my own darkest hours that no one is listening, or that my voice isn't necessary, I find that it is. Not only necessary but required, requested and maybe even crucial. We all need to speak up. We have been silent too long. The earthquake has begun, the cracks are opening up and we need to speak up - for ourselves and for each other - in order to stay out of the fissure.

2 comments:

@MuseKaren said...

Nice. I look forward to reading more. xoxo

cwhittaker said...

Beautiful! I'm fairly new to blogging (within the last month or so). I mainly work in emotional expression through original symbolic sayings. Advice is greatly appreciated!
http://vocalthought.blogspot.com