Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dammit

I guess summer IS officially here. I can't believe I haven't blogged for almost a month! It has been busy. Why does summer seem so busy? My theory is that we do all the things we normally do + we add outdoor activities. Still gotta cook and do laundry and go to work. AND want to garden, play outside, go to the park. No wonder it stays light later.

This evening I made it to the new corner garden for more than just a look see. Things have gotten big, including the weeds. Thing is though, I'm not sure what all is weeds and what just may be something of value. The kids tossed seeds from a kids seed mix, so I'm just not sure what's what (except the seedlings I did plant). Doesn't matter too much, it's crowded and certain I-know-what-it-is plants need more light.

The kids were playing in the sandbox. Freight Train created a lake with the hose and Pink Baby was thoroughly dirty. Super Salad joined them in the mess making. "Dammit!" I heard from the sandbox. I uttered the standard mom response, "WHAT did you say?!" Again I heard "Dammit!" then "Dam it up, Sammy! The water's getting out!".

Oh.

1 comment:

@MuseKaren said...

I'm laughing - that was cute :-)