Monday, June 2, 2008

The birds at dawn

Earlier this spring I wrote about my babies - 3 baby robins in a nest under my deck. Karen wanted to know how they are doing. They were born 5/5-5/7 and this picture was taken on 5/11. I think they all left the nest about a week later. We still see them hopping around our yard.
Then we got new babies:
A house sparrow nest, we believe, in our tree by the garage. The mother would dive bomb anyone going by it. Out of 5 eggs she ended up with 3 babies. We found one on the sidewalk one morning and another morning the nest was just empty. Vanished without a trace. Very sad. At least we still have the robins. This is from a nest in our neighbors tree. You could just walk up to them, just slightly higher than my head. Love them birdies!

1 comment:

Marya said...

Follow up on "The Birds":
my husband is PO'd that all my lovely birds keeping pooping on his truck on our driveway, and from his observations, ONLY our driveway. Just don't go under the basketball net!