Friday, February 8, 2008

Past Year, Next Year Tag

I have been tagged. My friend Laura started this tag with questions she has done with her friends and family on their birthday. While it's not my birthday, I'm always good for answering a question or two. Here goes.

In the Past year:

What was your most embarrassing moment?
Can't really think of one. I don't really get embarrassed anymore. I mean, I've given birth 3 times and have small children. At this stage in my life I think it would take a lot to get me embarrassed.

What are you proudest of achieving?
One - I completed a 2 year long advanced Yoga Teacher training (500 hours over 2 years). It was long and grueling (just kidding) - actually it was fun and inspiring. I became friends with some of the most beautiful (inside and out) women in the world! Two - that I have 3 amazing little humans in my care that are doing so wonderfully, that I celebrated my 12th wedding anniversary and my marriage is better than ever, and that life just keeps getting better the more I learn (and let go).

What would you do differently with the benefit of hindsight?
Not a thing. Not sure I could have planned it any differently. Yes, I would have liked to have had more money, less frustration and pain or completely skipped by all the family drama, but then I wouldn't be where I am right now and I like where I am just fine, thank you.

What did you love about last year?
Where to begin? My baby's 1st birthday, golf league, Manifesting classes, teaching yoga and teacher training, Belly dancing classes at the Cassandra School, Camping, parties with the neighbors, fishing camp, my garden got bigger(holy tomatoes!), the garbage truck field trip, the list goes on.


In the Next year:

What do you want to say you accomplished next year on this day?
I just finished my New Year's vision board (in lieu of a list of resolutions). On it are that I'm going to write a book, I'm going to be a part of a great new business venture, I'm going to get certified as a Personal Trainer, I'm going to go back to Florida and DisneyWorld with the family and I'm going to do even more of what I love - spend fun time with my kids, spend quality time with my hubby (Gasparilla?), yoga, dancing, writing, gardening, golf, and getting more massages.

What are you looking most forward to in the next year?
I could almost quote Laura on this one. Like my body and yoga, I'm just fascinated by every new little thing that comes up. I used to hate when employers would ask "Where do you want to be in 5 years?" I mean, WOW! 5 years is a long time, and so is 1 year, and there are so many possibilities! I've grown to love surprises (let go and be surprised!) so I am excited for each and every day to see what fun new thing might happen. Even today, my best friend called me and asked if I want to go to her house next week to see 2 friends of ours from High School that we haven't seen in 5 years. Yesterday I would have never guessed that would happen. What fun!

What goal of yours are you most tantalized by?
The book and the business venture. Oh heck, I wouldn't have it as a goal if I weren't tantalized by it!

If you knew you only had the next year to live, what would you make sure to do? What is stopping you?
Everything I'm doing. Maybe more time with the kids? I say that and yet... we all need some space to ourselves. P.S. Thank God nothing is stopping me.

No comments: