Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hi!

10/10/2007

Greetings! And welcome to my blog. My name is Marya (pronounced Mar – ya) and I’m a work-at-home mom and Yoga Teacher. I'm married and have 3 kids (6, 4, 1) and 2 dogs. I find it hard to describe all that I do and usually just answer with “a lot”. Today I had someone ask me if I was a stay-at-home mom. For simplicity I just answered “yes”. It’s just easier that way. My husband and I own a small company in a construction type capacity so I do all the administrative work for that. I varies by time of day and time of year and year to year. Right now it's slow - good for my workload, bad for making money. I'm also on the board of a local business group and I sell things on Ebay. I teach Yoga at a local gym and I'm in the process of becoming a 500 hour Registered Yoga Teacher through the Yoga Alliance. I am also learning how to belly dance (or middle eastern dance).

So here I am writing a blog. I find blogs fascinating, interesting, infuriating, weird and entertaining. So I decided to start one of my own. I’m also in the beginning stages of being a part of an extremely exciting and inspiring company that my friend and Yoga teacher is creating. I want to tell the world about it! Eventually my blog will move to our site, so why not start now?

I’ll leave with the thought of the day (this one made me chuckle) :

“The way to go from rags to riches is to start by getting a decent set of rags.” - Leonard and Thelma Spinrad

No comments: